TBSIS Home Pod School Model Option
Opening August 31!
We believe that families need options as they decide to bring their children to school during this time of uncertainty. Families are looking for connections with people who share their same concerns and values. We want to support this process and welcome you into our TBSIS Home Pod School Learning Community where our educational practices and approaches will thrive in family homes!
How Can We Be In A Pod?
- GROW YOUR POD or WE WILL PLACE YOU IN A POD: Each Pod will have 6 children in total; friends, neighbors, relatives; same age group is preferred. TBSIS will provide you with our teacher, our curriculum, and our fresh organic lunch!
- EACH POD GROUP WILL AGREE ON COVID SAFETY GUIDELINES: Our TBSIS Covid-19 Policies and Guidelines we be adhered to in the Pods. Additionally, each Pod group will develop their social contract together.
- SIGN UP YOUR POD: If you have a Pod of 6 children then email Kayla Green with the names of the children and the Pod Host Family.
- ENROLL YOUR CHILD(REN) (Two years old through third grade) – CHILDREN MUST BE REGISTERED AT TBSIS TO JOIN A POD – Once your Pod is set, each Pod family must sign a Pod Social Contract and a TBSIS Covid-19 Waiver form. The Host Family will sign a Host Family Contract.
Health and Safety Considerations
- We will provide our TBSIS Covid-19 Policies and Guidelines which reflect public health guidelines, metrics, and discussion points around COVID-19 risk to inform your discussion with all Pod members prior to signing up. Each Pod will agree to adhere to these guidelines.
- Each Pod will develop their social contract together and commit to live by it.
- We will match your Pod with a Pod Teacher who shares the same level of COVID-19 related safety practices.
- Each family will be required to sign a waiver that releases TBSIS and all other parties (including the host family) from all liabilities; in particular, the unintentional exposure or harm due to COVID-19.
- The Pod Host Family will be required to sign the Temple Beth Sholom – Host Parent Agreement.
- The Foundation Level Host Pod Family will be asked to apply for a Department of Children and Families Provisional Family Home Childcare License which Temple Beth Sholom will help with. PLEASE NOTE THAT THE STATE OF FLORIDA REQUIRES ALL HOMES PROVIDING CARE OR CLASSES FOR TWO OR MORE CHILDREN WHO ARE NOT FAMILY MEMBERS TO BE REGISTERED WITH THE STATE AND TO HAVE A FAMILY HOME CHILDCARE LICENSE.